I2Cdevlib Forums

Using the MPU6050 to analyse human gait.

Hello friends!

I will use the MPU 6050 to analyse the human gait, but i don't understand the source code the MPU 6050 (Arduino Mega) that is attached because is very complex, anyone has some source code to send me or comment the sorce code. Thanks.

This project is very important because it will help people with disability in the legs.

Thanks.

Teste 1.txt

Hi Jonathan! About ready solutions i can say that "Embedded MotionDriver 5.x.x" has a "pedometer" function, with which you can get the number of detected steps and duration of walking time. The driver also can detect of the taps along the X, Y, and Z axes and generate interrupt. You can set some parameters such as:

• tap threshold for a specific axis
  • axes which will register a tap
  • length between valid taps
  • minimum number of taps needed for an interrupt
  • etc...

But you have to adapt this driver for your project and conduct some experiments with it. I hope it will be useful to you.

Hi all! I uploaded my simple example, based on "Embedded MotionApps 5.1". It's available at GitHub. This is first release without any optimization. It tested on "Arduino Mega 2560" and MPU-6050(MPU-9150). This code provided "as is". Many functions like as "pedometer" and "taps" not tested. Maybe you will find something useful for your project.

WARNING:
INT pin from MPU-6050 must be connected to 19 pin (
(RXD1/INT2)PD2) on Arduino Board.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/14/2014 at 11:12 PM, Jonathan said:

Hello friends!

I will use the MPU 6050 to analyse the human gait, but i don't understand the source code the MPU 6050 (Arduino Mega) that is attached because is very complex, anyone has some source code to send me or comment the sorce code. Thanks.

This project is very important because it will help people with disability in the legs.

Thanks.

Teste 1.txt

hey 

I am making a project using mpu 6050 to analyse human gait so if you have any source code regarding the topic then can you post it