I2Cdevlib Forums
titous

MPU6050 (GY-521) + HMC5883L compass?

Hey everyone reading!

I'm trying to get 9DOF working by using an MPU6050 (on a GY-521 breakout) along with an HMC5883L.  I've got both the examples (RAW and DMP) working on my MPU6050 with just the MPU6050 hooked-up.  Now I'm wondering about how to extend functionality by adding the HMC5883L through the auxiliary I2C bus of the MPU6050. 

Will the MPU6050 DMP example work with the HMC5883L hooked-up to the MPU6050?  What should I do to get them both working together nicely?  I can't seem to find any documentation on this, besides using  each sensor independently of the other.

Thanks for the help!

I am rigth now working on this matter...

As far as I know, DMP cannot fuse HMC5883L's data.

So you have to run DMP 6 axis on the MPU, and at the same time read magnetometer measures, and find some ¿? way to fusionate them at your host processor.

If I am not mistaken it should be easier to use both sensors independently. 

In my case I have HMC5883L connected to MPU's aux I2C...  and I am still trying to get mag measures while DMP is running, can anyone else give us a hand?

In my case I have HMC5883L connected to MPU's aux I2C...  and I am still trying to get mag measures while DMP is running, can anyone else give us a hand?

I managed to read magnetometer connected to MPU's aux I2C lines while DMP is ON.

Check this topic where I left an example in case anyone was looking for this:

http://www.i2cdevlib.com/forums/topic/111-arduino-example-sketch-to-read-magnetometer-while-dmp-is-on/

I will try to fuse DMP + magnetometer in a few weeks maybe. :)