I2Cdevlib Forums

I've been reading through and using you're code for the MPU9150 (with a focus on MPU6050_9Axis_MotionApps41.h). First of all THANK YOU! Accessing the DMP is fantastic and makes the calculations on the microprocessor itself so much simpler.

I'm trying to build upon it a little, and was trying to get my head around what the code is doing, but I'm a little lost with the memory dumps in the code. I really want to clean a few things up to make the API a bit more accessible but I never change things without understanding them first. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to pick your brain.

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be happy to answer any questions I am capable of answering, but I'm afraid that would be a pretty short list. We've only been able to get the DMP to work as well as it is by sniffing and then replicating the I2C traffic that shows up on the official InvenSense evaluation board for the 6050/9150, and the memory dumps are a "black box" for me. I can occasionally guess at what they might be doing, but I'm ever totally sure.

Sorry for the lengthy silence by the way; I've been pretty occupied with work and other projects lately.

• 10 months later...

I'd be happy to answer any questions I am capable of answering, but I'm afraid that would be a pretty short list. We've only been able to get the DMP to work as well as it is by sniffing and then replicating the I2C traffic that shows up on the official InvenSense evaluation board for the 6050/9150, and the memory dumps are a "black box" for me. I can occasionally guess at what they might be doing, but I'm ever totally sure.

Sorry for the lengthy silence by the way; I've been pretty occupied with work and other projects lately.

Is there an API supplied to fetch the magnetometer values the much same way you can fetch the orientation values? Or do I have to read the datasheet and figure it out myself? I'm completely new to compiled programming... I wish I didn't have to ask about simple stuff like this, but I find the MPU overwhelming compared to for example the simple datasheet of the BMP085.

I can't see why the company is stupid enough to spend a lot of money developing a DMP, without providing anything about how to use it in the datasheet! I mean, why make something no one really cannot use? Being completely new to bare metal programming (not programming in general), I got the BMP085 up running without using any libraries in a matter of hours, but the MPU is really a mess...