Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/03/2014 in Posts

  1. Hey everyone! Thought I'd share my version of an auto-offset calibration sketch; it converges all offsets in about 20s or so. Just upload and watch the serial (at 38400bps)! A note on how it works/converges: - the code takes an initial guess for each offset (supplied at the top of the sketch), takes a certain number of readings from the MPU-6050 (the # of readings it takes is defined by countMax), and averages those number of readings. If that average is less than the value errorCheck, it assumes that axis has converged - if the average isn't less than errorCheck, it will subtract a certain amount from the initial guess - if the errorCheck you set is too small, or the initial guess is smaller than what the solution is, it wont converge - in this case either choose a larger value for errorCheck or a larger initial guess I've given some initial guesses / settings which should help you get to where you need to be; just watch the serial - it'll tell you what the average reading from the MPU-6050 was for each guess, you'll want that average to be as close to 0 as possible for each axis. Enjoy! MPU6050_calibration.zip
    1 point
  2. Well, if it works for you... then I guess you can read it using (mpu.dmpGetXXXXXXXX) every time you want, but be sure to read it at a faster frecuency than DMP is running, or fifo will overflow. Anyway, I haven't checked how does this (mpu.dmpGetXXXXXXXX) function work, so I am only speculating. Besides, this long wait you mention has never happened to me. Are you sure that INT pin is connected where it should be connected?
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...