titous Posted January 27, 2014 Report Share Posted January 27, 2014 Hey everyone reading! I'm trying to get 9DOF working by using an MPU6050 (on a GY-521 breakout) along with an HMC5883L. I've got both the examples (RAW and DMP) working on my MPU6050 with just the MPU6050 hooked-up. Now I'm wondering about how to extend functionality by adding the HMC5883L through the auxiliary I2C bus of the MPU6050. Will the MPU6050 DMP example work with the HMC5883L hooked-up to the MPU6050? What should I do to get them both working together nicely? I can't seem to find any documentation on this, besides using each sensor independently of the other. Thanks for the help! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
luisrodenas Posted January 27, 2014 Report Share Posted January 27, 2014 I am rigth now working on this matter... As far as I know, DMP cannot fuse HMC5883L's data. So you have to run DMP 6 axis on the MPU, and at the same time read magnetometer measures, and find some ¿? way to fusionate them at your host processor. If I am not mistaken it should be easier to use both sensors independently. In my case I have HMC5883L connected to MPU's aux I2C... and I am still trying to get mag measures while DMP is running, can anyone else give us a hand? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
luisrodenas Posted January 30, 2014 Report Share Posted January 30, 2014 In my case I have HMC5883L connected to MPU's aux I2C... and I am still trying to get mag measures while DMP is running, can anyone else give us a hand? I managed to read magnetometer connected to MPU's aux I2C lines while DMP is ON. Check this topic where I left an example in case anyone was looking for this: http://www.i2cdevlib.com/forums/topic/111-arduino-example-sketch-to-read-magnetometer-while-dmp-is-on/ I will try to fuse DMP + magnetometer in a few weeks maybe. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jauhar Posted October 2, 2017 Report Share Posted October 2, 2017 why the heading value isn't right? anyone can help me? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.