Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

MPU-6050 as a planar motion mobile robot position/orientation sensor


Recommended Posts

Hello everybody!

 

Hope you're doing great!

 

I've been working with this device for a year and a half using the grateful development from Jeff Rowberg, and I'm still tryna figure out if this board could help me out to do what I need to.

 

I'm developing an autonomous mobile robot, and initially planned to develop an inertial navigation; at that time I didn't know what I was getting into. The thing is I managed to get my DMP working using Jeff libraries and sketches, and get to see the 3D demo.

 

But I just need to get position (x, y) and orientation (theta: yaw). I just want to determine the position/spatial coordinates instantly in order to store those values for an algorithm of dead reckoning and use them to redirect my bot after avoiding the obstacle (bug2 algorithm).

 

If this possible?

 

Anyone could lend me a hand on this, or any advice please ASAP!

 

I'll really appreciate it

 

 

 

Cheers from Mexico

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...