dsfgsho Posted July 28, 2014 Report Share Posted July 28, 2014 Hi, I am new to using IMU's, so first of all: thanks a lot for the awesome library!! When running the default mpu-6050 RAW sketch I get (what looks to me) as weird data for the Gyro. When rotating the sensor I can see the data change, but rather that maintaining that value, the Gyro always jumps back to the starting value (x: -40, y:30, z:8), independent on how I hold the sensor. Isn't the Gyro supposed to return the angle of the sensor? Or is it returning the rate of change during the acceleration and is it up to me to calculate the angle from this? The MPU-60-50 is connected to an Arduino Uno like this: VDD -> 3.3V GND -> GND INT -> 3.3V VIO - > 3.3V SDA - > A4 SCL -> A5 Thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
luisrodenas Posted July 29, 2014 Report Share Posted July 29, 2014 Gyro returns ANGULAR VELOCITY, not angle. You could integrate this measure to get angle, but better apply some sensor fusion algorithm. By the way, I think pin INT should not be connected to 3.3V. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.