jjspierx Posted August 19, 2014 Report Share Posted August 19, 2014 I already have an MPU-6050 and an HMC5883L connected an Arudino Uno R3. I have been toying around with the idea of purchasing an MPU-9150 to make my setup a little cleaner (I could get rid of the HMC5883L and use the AK8975 magnetometer on the MPU9150). Is the AK8975 as good of a magnetometer as the HMC5883L? In reading these forums it seems like people are having problems getting good readings from it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
robjames66 Posted November 12, 2014 Report Share Posted November 12, 2014 The mag on the 9150 is fine as long as you're happy filtering it. My HMC5883L gives be a heading +/- half a degree and with the 9150 I get +/- 2 degrees. Proper hard/soft calibration helps a lot and a hefty low pass filter. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.