javo Posted February 8, 2017 Report Share Posted February 8, 2017 My question is simple. Is it possible to use the DMP output without using the interruptions method? My goal is also simple. I'm trying to read 3D acceleration without gravity by taking advantage of the actual dedicated processor for that task. I took the example that comes with the Jeff's library and got it complied and executed just perfectly. The thing is I don't want the interruption system because half I don't completely understand the code, half I need to take samples at a fixed rate. I'm pretty sure the DMP is way faster than my sampling rate, and even though it isn't, skipping a couple of random samples is not an issue in my project. So it would be awesome if I could do just something like this (my imagination coming out now) void loop() { mpu.dmpGetQuaternion(&q, fifoBuffer); mpu.dmpGetAccel(&aa, fifoBuffer); mpu.dmpGetGravity(&gravity, &q); mpu.dmpGetLinearAccel(&aaReal, &aa, &gravity); Serial.print(aaReal.x); // awfully printed just to make my point Serial.print(aaReal.y); Serial.println(aaReal.z); delay(100); } to get acceleration without gravity using only a few functions. Note: I already did the corresponding calibration to get my offsets. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.