Hello everyone,
I previously used this library with an Arduino and it worked fantastic! I have since moved on to a variation of this library ported to the ArduIMU, since the ArduIMU runs the MPU6000, the SPI-variant of the chip, for a more compact form factor. That particular library was maintained by Fabio Varesano of FreeIMU, who unfortunately has passed away.
After a previous snag of obtaining zero values from the quaternions, which was fixed by this post (if any of you are having the same problem) http://freeimu.varesano.net/node/17 , I got the library to function the way that I needed to.
However, when I am using setXAccelOffset and setYAccelOffset, my accelerometer reading is displaying 32767 (2^15-1) and does not change with differing offsets nor sensor orientation. The interesting part is the offset calibrations worked fine for the Z-axis of the accelerometer. The gyroscope commands worked fantastic. The code for these functions looked identical, which makes me think its a compiler problem. I unfortunately do not have the tools nor the knowledge to delve more into this problem. I'm hoping that one of you have ran into this problem. I have little recourse right now.
Thanks for reading.