Hello, I am new to this forum and have started experimenting with the MPU-6050 a few weeks ago. I am using it for a Design Technology project in hopes of measuring acceleration in any specific direction. After much research it was concluded this cheap, but useful chip was the go-to piece and so after more searching around on youtube I stumbled upon Jeff Rowberg's code. It took me a lot of time to get the processing teapot screen running but it was so worth it. Anyways now that I accomplished that, I moved on to the main task at hand and found out that by uncommented "OUTPUT_READABLE_REALACCEL" . This gave a significant amount of values and raw data in the serial monitor itself but the problem I have is that I do not understand the values or know how to convert them into acceleration that I can then use to perform other functions. I have only started coding last year and I am currently 16 in Year 11. If anyone could give some input or understandable references on the following values I would appreciate that a lot.
Send any character to begin DMP programming and demo:
Initializing DMP...
Enabling DMP...
Enabling interrupt detection (Arduino external interrupt 0)...
DMP ready! Waiting for first interrupt...
areal -293 49 -1190
areal -153 22 66
areal -50 10 868
areal 4 -14 1370
areal 23 -39 1676
areal 59 -54 1878
areal 86 -68 2013
areal 107 -77 2119
areal 119 -83 2175
areal 112 -89 2187
areal 99 -10 72182
areal 116 -118 2198
areal 144 -120 2222
So here is the following data I have received:
Also many thanks to Jeff Rowberg for producing such valuable and useful code. I will make sure to include you in my project credits and when I master Arduino I will definitely try to share and teach this to others.
Thank you