Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Jl06CTEP

Members
  • Posts

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Jl06CTEP's Achievements

Newbie

Newbie (1/14)

0

Reputation

  1. For my project i need a way to determine correct orientation of the rocket. I took code for Madgwick filter from here https://github.com/morgil/madgwick_py for collecting data i used Arduino Nano + MPU9250 sensor. This setup sends packets every 12ms to my PC via Serial. I calibrated magnetometer by calculating biases to "align" axis origin and center of sphere, created by set of measurements. Then i drew coordinate axis with blender: and coded some script for it - quaternion.py It just reads values from serial, feeds them into Filter, and then rotates my axis object using quaternion rotation mode. I screwed up with orientation of model's X axis a little bit, so when i rotate my board clockwise, axis on the screen rotates counter-clockwise. I flipped signs of all X components, and it became fine. According to this picture i flipped X and Y axis and sign of Z axis, to align axis of magnetometer with gyroscope + accelerometer And it almost works with one small exception - when after "stabilization" i tilt i.e. X axis downwards (or Y axis, doesnt matter) this axis starts drifting toward global X-Y plane. If i tilt axis upwards, remaining axis starts drifting around global O-Z axis, like this X axis downwards And when x axis upwards Speed of that drift depends on Beta of Madgwick filter - the more beta the more drift. What can be done there?
×
×
  • Create New...