Merlin Posted May 7, 2014 Report Share Posted May 7, 2014 Hi all, Need some help. I have successfully used the AK8975 library with the MPU-9150 which according to the data sheet uses the ak8963 magnetometer. However, when using the same library with a MPU-9250 which has a AK8975 I keep getting a connection failure when using the test sketch. I have gone through all the possible addresses 0x0C through 0x0F with the same results. For reference I am using a CJMCU-117 breakout board that I got over ebay. I have tried also disabling mastermode and enabling bypass but still does not work. Also, getting the accel and gryo data seem to be working fine. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this issue? Thanks Mike ==================================================== Update 5/11/2014 Ok - came to the conclusion that it is a bad chip and nothing I am doing. After going through the register maps (8963 and 9250), the motion driver software I set up the self test option which the board failed - i checked it against the 9150 which passed. Also, ran a i2cscanner on the 9150 and the 9250. The scanner picked up the magnetometer on the 9150 but not the 9250. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ks190995 Posted June 30, 2015 Report Share Posted June 30, 2015 Did you get MPU9150's magnetometer working using bypass mode or master mode. If you have got it working using master mode could you please share your code with me? I was able to access magnetometer using Arduino(bypass mode) but I am not able to do it using other controller. My email is ks190995@gmail.com Any response will be of great help. Thanks in advance. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.