Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

MPU6050 in 8051


alvillares

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

Firstly, I would like to thank Jeff Rowberg and everyone who has contributed and made ​​this library possible, it has been of great help to me in my purpose to understand the DMP.

 

So, my case is: I'm migrating DMP for MPU6050 library to 8051 (specifically SiliconLabs C8051) but I don't get the expected accuracy.

 

I need to use in my project roll axis measure, so I did several test and these are my results for the same sensor:

 

While for Arduino Roll conduct begins being destabilized (picture 1). 

 

post-1710-0-46341500-1401181554_thumb.png

 

After 10 seconds the measure is stabilized and it gets a good accuracy (picture 2),  with a tolerance of 0.06 degrees.

 

post-1710-0-08494600-1401181560_thumb.png

 

In my case, Roll conduct begins stabilized apparently but the accuracy is similar to that obtained by the raw values​​ (picture 3).

 

post-1710-0-14819300-1401181553_thumb.png

 

 

I thought it might be a offsets problem, but I calibrated my sensor and the results are similars (although better).

 

Any idea about fix this problem?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

Greetings from Spain.

 

Andrea

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

It's solved. There was a accuracy problem because my algorithm was skipping some lines from DMP code while it was writting it (specifically the two last lines from "dmpUpdates[MPU6050_DMP_UPDATES_SIZE]" in "MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h").

 

Anyway, after I get the code that working fine, I found another accuracy problem but this time in Arduino library. This problem happends because the hexadecimal code from Invensense isn't updated.

 

In a few days, I will try to update the code because the last version is very quickly and very accurate if we compare it with the other version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

It's solved. There was a accuracy problem because my algorithm was skipping some lines from DMP code while it was writting it (specifically the two last lines from "dmpUpdates[MPU6050_DMP_UPDATES_SIZE]" in "MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h").

 

Anyway, after I get the code that working fine, I found another accuracy problem but this time in Arduino library. This problem happends because the hexadecimal code from Invensense isn't updated.

 

In a few days, I will try to update the code because the last version is very quickly and very accurate if we compare it with the other version.

hello,

Can you please help me in interfacing mpu6050 with 8051(AT89S52). i have some idea about i2c but i am not able to  make it happen. i dont have library neither i know how to make it. This my  final year project. please help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...