suso Posted July 2, 2013 Report Share Posted July 2, 2013 Hi everybody, I've just arrived to this forum, and after looking for the answer with no results, I post this question if possible someone could answer me: Using the sketch provided by Jeff (Thanks for your contributions!! ) I noticed that axis direction z (yaw) and y (pitch) do not move according the datasheet axis scheme (pag 6), I mean, for instance, once I move the IMU in positive z, I get a negative vaue in yaw, and the same result in y axis. Could it be a matter of axis rotation regarding gravity substraction? Please, could please someone tell me something about it? Thanks! Ekbergdub 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeff Rowberg Posted July 4, 2013 Report Share Posted July 4, 2013 Hello, I know that the quaternion orientation is correct, since the ToxicLibs-supported Processing sketch is able to represent the orientation accurately using the quaternion output. However, there is a flaw somewhere in the math that converts quaternions to yaw/pitch/roll values such that it never registers as being upside-down, even when it actually is upside-down. This is one known bug which I have yet to troubleshoot and fix. The axis orientation issue you are seeing may be related to this, since there is definitely something wrong with the math already. I (or someone) have to look into it further. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hurry Posted January 23, 2015 Report Share Posted January 23, 2015 Hello Jeff Rowberg, the problem still remain? When I rotate the horizontal plane, the roll and pitch are subject to change. Roll and pitch do not exceed the +90 and -90, while the yaw no problems -180 to +180. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.