nixpulvis Posted July 4, 2013 Report Share Posted July 4, 2013 I've been reading through and using you're code for the MPU9150 (with a focus on MPU6050_9Axis_MotionApps41.h). First of all THANK YOU! Accessing the DMP is fantastic and makes the calculations on the microprocessor itself so much simpler.I'm trying to build upon it a little, and was trying to get my head around what the code is doing, but I'm a little lost with the memory dumps in the code. I really want to clean a few things up to make the API a bit more accessible but I never change things without understanding them first. If you wouldn't mind I'd love to pick your brain.Thanks again. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jeff Rowberg Posted July 22, 2013 Report Share Posted July 22, 2013 I'd be happy to answer any questions I am capable of answering, but I'm afraid that would be a pretty short list. We've only been able to get the DMP to work as well as it is by sniffing and then replicating the I2C traffic that shows up on the official InvenSense evaluation board for the 6050/9150, and the memory dumps are a "black box" for me. I can occasionally guess at what they might be doing, but I'm ever totally sure. Sorry for the lengthy silence by the way; I've been pretty occupied with work and other projects lately. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sondre Posted May 23, 2014 Report Share Posted May 23, 2014 I'd be happy to answer any questions I am capable of answering, but I'm afraid that would be a pretty short list. We've only been able to get the DMP to work as well as it is by sniffing and then replicating the I2C traffic that shows up on the official InvenSense evaluation board for the 6050/9150, and the memory dumps are a "black box" for me. I can occasionally guess at what they might be doing, but I'm ever totally sure. Sorry for the lengthy silence by the way; I've been pretty occupied with work and other projects lately. Is there an API supplied to fetch the magnetometer values the much same way you can fetch the orientation values? Or do I have to read the datasheet and figure it out myself? I'm completely new to compiled programming... I wish I didn't have to ask about simple stuff like this, but I find the MPU overwhelming compared to for example the simple datasheet of the BMP085. I can't see why the company is stupid enough to spend a lot of money developing a DMP, without providing anything about how to use it in the datasheet! I mean, why make something no one really cannot use? Being completely new to bare metal programming (not programming in general), I got the BMP085 up running without using any libraries in a matter of hours, but the MPU is really a mess... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sondre Posted May 23, 2014 Report Share Posted May 23, 2014 EDIT: I found an FAQ that said this is not possible with the i2cdevlib. I tried affecting the MPU with a magnet, but the DMP doesn't do anything. How can it be set up to take the magnetometer into account? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.