Caius Posted September 10, 2015 Report Share Posted September 10, 2015 Hi,I've been using the code found at https://github.com/sparkfun/MPU-9150_Breakout. I need to get the quaternions, but the problem is the orientation. The current orientation doesn't fit my application because I need it to control the movements of an industrial robot which has the axis as shown in the attached photo. I'm guessing that I could change the orientation of the given quaternions from the arduino code but I can't figure out how. As soon as I start the program, the robot orients itself upward and I'm guessing this is because the orientation from the Arduino code is set for aircraft control which needs Z axis to be facing in this manner. I've attached a photo of how the robot is being oriented with the given quaternions.In my case I would need the +z axis to be facing forward, the +x to be facing towards earth and +y can be seen in the picture (green).The robot axis are highlighted and color coded for easy identification.If you could help, that would be awesome. This is the code: https://github.com/sparkfun/MPU-9150_Breakout/blob/master/firmware/MPU6050/Examples/MPU9150_AHRS.ino I've only taken out the display part because I don't have one. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.