Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

MPU6050 Terminology


Recommended Posts

Hi All,

 

Firstly I would like to say this forum has helped me so much getting the mpu6050 going.

 

I have my mpu6050 up and running but I am struggling on some of the terminology on this website.  I am currently using a Microchip, and I notice most of the post are about Adruino, so I guess most of the comments are Adrunio terms.  OK my questions are below:

 

1) What do you mean by sketch, when talking about calibration?

 

2) MPU, I am guessing this is the mpu6050 unit?

 

3) DMP, im not sure on this one?

 

4)  Also, I have written my own calibration functions, that read in the raw data, smoothing this data, then add an offset.  This is all on my microcontroller.  Reading some of the comments, are people uploading the offsets to the mpu6050.  Or are all offsets and calculations on the microcontroller?

 

5) Lastly what do you mean by when you say divide the gyro by 4, and the accel by 7.8?  I notice my device is very sensitive.

 

Cheers.

 

Tarzan46

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...