zzz2b2 Posted September 14, 2013 Report Share Posted September 14, 2013 I got the teapot demo to work after MANY hours. My 6050 IMU GY-521 is connected with 5 wires GND,V+,SDA,SCL and INT.BTW you do need a reset button on the arduino (so the MiniPro will not work).Then make sure to edit the INO from https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino/MPU6050/Examples/MPU6050_DMP6to enable teapot format output by commenting out 'yawpitch' and uncommenting the 'teapot' lines like so://#define OUTPUT_READABLE_YAWPITCHROLL#define OUTPUT_TEAPOTMake sure the baud rates are the same in the INO and the PDE:Then run the processing PDE from the below link (with the toxiclib PDE library installed):https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/tree/master/Arduino/MPU6050/Examples/MPU6050_DMP6/Processing ...After a few seconds you should see a small window pop up with an airplane in it. If it does not move, just press the reset button on the arduino and the plane will start moving.I am running win7 32bit and Java V7, PROCESSING V2 and IDE v 1 05 . I also found that If I get Java error messages, the only way to correct this , is to reboot the PC. Samellanak 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JackalJack Posted December 11, 2013 Report Share Posted December 11, 2013 I have been looking for a short and effective guide like this for days. Finally the MPU-6050 is working on my Arduino Micro! Thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
rafael.lehmkuhl Posted February 2, 2014 Report Share Posted February 2, 2014 Thanks for the information! This DMP code is REALLY good, it can measure different types of data simultaneously! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jhobson Posted December 7, 2014 Report Share Posted December 7, 2014 the only way to correct this , is to reboot the PC. If you get errors like 'Port not found' or 'Port Busy' then chances are there is a left-over java task running from a previous sketch. In Windows: ctrl-alt-del; select Task Manager; select Processes tab, look for a running task 'java.exe' and click the End Process button. Both Processing and Arduino IDE are prone to leaving these running. I'm not sure how to close down a sketch cleanly. I tend to leave Task Manager open all the time when developing as I may have to do it with every run. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.