icehawk101 Posted May 3, 2016 Report Share Posted May 3, 2016 Hello, I am trying to use both an MPU6050 IMU and an I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ ultrasonic range sensor on a single Arduino board in order to send data to ROS. I am attempting to make a MaxSonar driver using I2Cdevlib as it the MPU code is far more difficult to change. The problem I am running into is that the datasheet (http://www.maxbotix.com/documents/I2CXL-MaxSonar-EZ_Datasheet.pdf) doesn't have a full register map. I have the device ID and data I need to send to the sonar to tell it to take a range measurement, but it doesn't give the register address to send the data to. Has anyone else tried doing this? Am I missing something somewhere? Any help is appreciated. Thanks Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AndieDini Posted June 5, 2019 Report Share Posted June 5, 2019 Hi... I suggest that you modify the MaxSonar softi2cmaster code that you know works in such a way that you can use it together with i2cdevlib running in softi2cmaster mode. (You will need i2cdevlib for the MPU6050 later) SoftI2CMaster.h can only be #included once in a program, so I made the class SoftI2CMasterWire that exports the functions of SoftI2CMaster.h so other parts of the program can use them. printed circuit board assembly Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.