premsagar0006 Posted January 20, 2018 Report Share Posted January 20, 2018 Hello everyone, I am trying to interface mpu 6050 with fpga, can anyone help me in acquiring the data from the sensor. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SergeMoutou Posted January 22, 2018 Report Share Posted January 22, 2018 FYI I have done FPGA interface with mpu6050 but in a way you are probably not interested in. Because I used a AVR Mega16 free soc I have make a i2c peripheral which is compatible 90% with the true peripheral. This is documented in French in the Wikiversité : https://fr.wikiversity.org/wiki/Very_High_Speed_Integrated_Circuit_Hardware_Description_Language/Travail_pratique/Utiliser_des_shields_Arduino_avec_les_FPGA#De_l'I2C_pour_accéder_à_d'autres_capteurs If you have no experience with soc, I think it would be better for you to use Mike Field's work : http://hamsterworks.co.nz/mediawiki/index.php/MPU6050_sensor_RTL Good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
premsagar0006 Posted February 1, 2018 Author Report Share Posted February 1, 2018 On 1/22/2018 at 9:36 PM, SergeMoutou said: hello sir, Thanks for your reply i have tested the Mike Fields work on the Zed board but it is not working Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SergeMoutou Posted February 1, 2018 Report Share Posted February 1, 2018 I never use this VHDL code as previously mentioned. It is possible to guess that this VHDL code is not for I2C MPU6050 (or the code is using an external processor to transform i2c to serial). Perhaps it's the problem . An other Mike Field's project is interesting : http://hamsterworks.co.nz/mediawiki/index.php/I3C2 It's a dedicated i2c processor. Because I was interesting in this project I tried it but it but never work. It's very easy to find why : - source code of "i3c2_assemble.c" shows clearly the instruction "MASTERACK" (a very very important instruction) - in VHDL source code i3c2.vhd you never see this very important instruction. I guess the last version is not published. It is then impossible to make both files to work together. I have written Mike Field without answer but discover recently when reading Mike Field's source code there is another email address. Have try to email him. FYI I used already other Mike Field source code without problem. Good luck Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abiman Posted July 29, 2018 Report Share Posted July 29, 2018 after MPU6050 connected to arduino , and work with examples MPU6050 cannot work with my vhdl code ,, because arduino changes smth .. what register of fifo i dont know and how to reset mpu to factory defaults i dont know ..may be someone know it ? Many things undocumented and no other substitute or market. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abiman Posted July 29, 2018 Report Share Posted July 29, 2018 Hi, do you have any success ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
danmoran Posted January 27, 2019 Report Share Posted January 27, 2019 check this https://github.com/danomora/mpu6050-vhdl Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.