Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Yaw angle interpretation


Recommended Posts

I am having problems to interprete the yaw angle I get.

 

With the IMU stable on a table, no matter the orientation, the yaw angles stabilizes at first at about 60 degrees (around 10 seconds after turned on). So we don’t understand how the yaw angle is measured. Which is the fixed referenced that is chosen? Pitch and roll are almost zero at horizontal position. I guess that with calibration they will become zero.

 

We are new at working with IMU, so this kind of help is really important for us.

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have experienced the same fact. I should look into it a bit more, but I would say it is due to the sensor warming at the beggining.

As the yaw has no other measure (no magnetomer) to compensate, it starts at 0 but drifts for  a while at the beggining.

 

What I would do is to use a magnetomer and merge both measures, or just leave it running for a short time (10-30 sec) and then use the actual reading as a new offset that you can substract to the measure from now on... Take into account that doing this you change the +-180º range to something like +-(180-newoffset)º range.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...