Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/17/2015 in all areas
-
Arduino Sketch to automatically calculate MPU6050 offsets
lolizz00 reacted to luisrodenas for a topic
I have made an Arduino sketch that simplifies the task of calibrating the MPU6050's offsets. Easy steps: - Wire your MPU6050 to your Arduino. - Put the MPU6050 as horizontal as possible and leave it there, don't touch it. - Check the sketch in order to configure your MPU's I2C address (0x68 or 0x69). - Upload the sketch to your Arduino. - Open Arduino serial monitor and send any character to the Arduino. - Wait. - Write down your offsets for that particular MPU6050 and use them with library's functions "...setoffset..." in your projects. There are also a few options in the code in case you want to fine tune it. There may be bugs, or maybe it does not converge for everyone, so let me know your experience. I use it with an Arduino DUE, configured to 400KHz I2C bus speed, but I think you can use any Arduino and standard bus speed (100KHz). If people find it useful maybe Jeff can add it to the library once it is bugfree. Happy new year. UPDATE 30th January: New version 1.1 available. It fixes a bug related to variables overflowing in Arduinos other than the DUE. MPU6050_calibration_v1.1.zip1 point -
Hi I'm new to Arduino and I'm trying to use a 6DOF IMU (the MPU-6050) along with the i2cdevlib. I've been able to set the libraries and to execute a sketch in order to calculate the offset of the IMU starting from the raw data. Now I'm trying to execute the example code that i found on the github of the i2cdevlibhttps://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/blob/master/Arduino/MPU6050/Examples/MPU6050_DMP6/MPU6050_DMP6.ino setting the output in the YPR modeCode: #define OUTPUT_READABLE_YAWPITCHROLL with and without my offset parameters. In both sketches I found the same issue. The data on the serial shift from the initial position for 5-8 second showing an increment of several degrees (depends on the cases but usually there are 12-25 degrees) of the YPR angles without moving the IMU. The same thing happen with the Euler anglesCode: #define OUTPUT_READABLE_EULER I've tried also to execute the quaternion output modeCode: #define OUTPUT_READABLE_QUATERNION which i don't know how to read (I'm just started learning about this) but the value I read on the serial seems to stay "stable". I might solve this with a delay from the turn on which allow me to see of how much degrees the IMU "virtually moved" and then subtract that value to future reading (such as another offset) but i find this not usefull since I need the IMU to have the right angles on the turn on. Thanks for reading, hope someone could help me1 point
-
Hello everyone! I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to computer programming, but I am using the program Jeff posted to use the yaw, pitch, and roll values (I really only need the yaw, though) in a feedback system for a UAV. I am using an Arduino Uno to run the gyroscope, and the program works fine by itself. My issue results from me putting the program on a timer so that it only reads the value every, say, 100 ms. Then FIFO overflow then gets triggered (which makes sense because the values are going in faster than they go out.) Is there any way to bypass this? I noticed one of the past iterations of the program read the values directly instead of from the FIFO buffer, but I didn't understand that version of the program, and I also don't think it had a "ypr" option. Is there an easy way to change the programming, or perhaps a better way to do it? Thanks for any help you can give!1 point
-
velocity from acceleration
Johnnydofs reacted to hatt0002 for a topic
Hi, I am currently doing a project in which I need to capture the acceleration of a pivoted rotating wooden beam. From the acceleration, I need to determine the velocity. I am using Jeff's teapot sketch with the mpu6050 and I have managed to also include the acceleration in the teapotPacket to print acceleration in processing. I know that velocity is the first integral of acceleration. Such integral can be expressed as: v = u + AT, where v is the current velocity, u is the velocity before, A is the acceleration and T is a time interval. This is my code for the velocities in the three directions with sampling time of 1ms: vX = uX + (AX)*0.001; //vX = current velocity in the X direction, uX = velocity in the previous iteration, AX = acceleration in the x direc uX = vX; //setting the current velocity as the previous velocity vY = uY + (AY)*0.001; uY = vY; vZ = uZ + (AZ)*0.001; uZ = vZ; If I move the sensor say in the x direction, acceleration in the x direction increases and when I stop the sensor, acceleration becomes negative and converges to zero, as expected. The velocity seems to be calculated and printed right when increasing from zero to a particular value. Now my problem is, that when I stop moving the sensor, velocity does not go back to zero when the sensor is stationary, but it decreases by a small amount only (say it stops decreasing at 0.5m/s. This gets worse when the sensor is moved faster. It seems like the acceleration is read more than the deceleration (decreasing acceleration) and therefore, less negative values for acceleration are captured. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Hatt1 point -
DMP without interrupts
lapedNok reacted to dario111cro for a topic
Hello, Is it possible to pool data from DMP when needed instead of it writing to FIFO constantly? Similar like you can write 0x3B and read 14 registers to get raw data... Thanks, Dario1 point -
MPU-6050: changing a default setting in the I2Cdevlib class
Johnnydofs reacted to vrutangs for a topic
HI.. I am using MPU 6050 for accelero and gyro data. The default setting in the I2Cdevlib class is +/- 2g for the accel and +/- 250 deg/sec for the gyro. So that means i can detect maximum of 250 deg/s and it will saturate at 250 (in the plot) if my angular velocity is more than 250 deg/s. So how can we change to the +/- 2000 deg/s? Also, is it possible to change only gyro scale and retaining the accelerometer range which is +/- 2g (inbuilt)? Any help is highly appreciated. thanks.1 point -
Sketch hanging when interrupt routine called [MPU6050]
Johnnydofs reacted to AlexGodbehere for a topic
Hi all. I'm using an MPU6050 to obtain orientation information for a quadcopter, however when the function that is attached to the interrupt pin is ran (to obtain the orientation data from the FIFO buffer), the sketch crashes. Sometimes, the console prints the first few characters of "Getting Sensor Data!", which is called in the routine. Am I doing anything seriously wrong? Main Sketch: Serial.println(F("Enabling interrupt detection (Arduino external interrupt 0)...")); attachInterrupt(0, AP_getSensorData, RISING); // Actually pin 2-(5?) AP_Sensors.cpp: // Library header #include "Sensors_.h" #include "I2Cdev.h" #include "MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h" #include "Serial_.h" #include <SFE_BMP180.h> #if I2CDEV_IMPLEMENTATION == I2CDEV_ARDUINO_WIRE #include "Wire.h" #endif /************************************** * LED DEFINITIONS *************************************/ #define LED_GREEN 9 #define LED_YELLOW 10 #define LED_YELLOW2 11 #define LED_YELLOW3 12 #define LED_RED 13 // Code MPU6050 onboardIMU; extern bool systemError; int ultrasonicAlt; // MPU control/status vars bool dmpReady = false; // set true if DMP init was successful uint8_t mpuIntStatus; // holds actual interrupt status byte from MPU uint8_t devStatus; // return status after each device operation (0 = success, !0 = error) uint16_t packetSize; // expected DMP packet size (default is 42 bytes) uint16_t fifoCount; // count of all bytes currently in FIFO uint8_t fifoBuffer[64]; // FIFO storage buffer // orientation/motion vars Quaternion q; // [w, x, y, z] quaternion container VectorInt16 aa; // [x, y, z] accel sensor measurements VectorInt16 aaReal; // [x, y, z] gravity-free accel sensor measurements VectorInt16 aaWorld; // [x, y, z] world-frame accel sensor measurements VectorFloat gravity; // [x, y, z] gravity vector float euler[3]; // [psi, theta, phi] Euler angle container float ypr[3]; // [yaw, pitch, roll] yaw/pitch/roll container and gravity vector byte error, address; int nDevices; // ================================================================ // === INTERRUPT DETECTION ROUTINE === // ================================================================ volatile bool mpuInterrupt = false; // indicates whether MPU interrupt pin has gone high void dmpDataReady() { mpuInterrupt = true; } bool AP_initSensors() { // join I2C bus (I2Cdev library doesn't do this automatically) #if I2CDEV_IMPLEMENTATION == I2CDEV_ARDUINO_WIRE Wire.begin(); TWBR = 24; // 400kHz I2C clock (200kHz if CPU is 8MHz) #elif I2CDEV_IMPLEMENTATION == I2CDEV_BUILTIN_FASTWIRE Fastwire::setup(400, true); #endif /************************************** * Scan for I2C Devices *************************************/ Serial.println("Scanning I2C Bus..."); nDevices = 0; for (address = 1; address < 127; address++ ) { // The i2c_scanner uses the return value of // the Write.endTransmisstion to see if // a device did acknowledge to the address. Wire.beginTransmission(address); error = Wire.endTransmission(); if (error == 0) { Serial.print("I2C device found at address 0x"); if (address < 16) Serial.print("0"); Serial.print(address, HEX); Serial.println(" !"); nDevices++; } else if (error == 4) { Serial.print("Unknow error at address 0x"); if (address < 16) Serial.print("0"); Serial.println(address, HEX); } } if (nDevices == 0) Serial.println("No I2C devices found\n"); else Serial.println("Completed I2C Bus Scan...\n"); Serial.println("Initalising I2C Devices..."); onboardIMU.setSleepEnabled(false); onboardIMU.initialize(); // Try to connect to IMU Devices... Serial.println("Connecting to I2C Devices..."); if (onboardIMU.testConnection()) { Serial.println("IMU Connected!:"); // load and configure the DMP Serial.println(F("Initializing DMP...")); devStatus = onboardIMU.dmpInitialize(); // supply your own gyro offsets here, scaled for min sensitivity onboardIMU.setXGyroOffset(220); onboardIMU.setYGyroOffset(76); onboardIMU.setZGyroOffset(-85); onboardIMU.setZAccelOffset(1788); // 1688 factory default for my test chip // make sure it worked (returns 0 if so) if (devStatus == 0) { // turn on the DMP, now that it's ready Serial.println(F("Enabling DMP...")); onboardIMU.setDMPEnabled(true); // enable Arduino interrupt detection // Serial.println(F("Enabling interrupt detection (Arduino external interrupt 0)...")); // attachInterrupt(0, dmpDataReady, RISING); mpuIntStatus = onboardIMU.getIntStatus(); // set our DMP Ready flag so the main loop() function knows it's okay to use it Serial.println(F("DMP ready! Waiting for first interrupt...")); dmpReady = true; // get expected DMP packet size for later comparison packetSize = onboardIMU.dmpGetFIFOPacketSize(); } else { // ERROR! // 1 = initial memory load failed // 2 = DMP configuration updates failed // (if it's going to break, usually the code will be 1) Serial.print(F("DMP Initialization failed (code ")); Serial.print(devStatus); Serial.println(F(")")); } } else { Serial.println("Unable to find any I2C Devices..."); } Serial.println("Initialising Barometric Sensor..."); AP_initBarometricSensor(); } void AP_getSensorData() { Serial.println("Getting Sensor Data!"); // reset interrupt flag and get INT_STATUS byte mpuInterrupt = false; mpuIntStatus = onboardIMU.getIntStatus(); // get current FIFO count fifoCount = onboardIMU.getFIFOCount(); // check for overflow (this should never happen unless our code is too inefficient) if ((mpuIntStatus & 0x10) || fifoCount == 1024) { // reset so we can continue cleanly onboardIMU.resetFIFO(); Serial.println(F("FIFO overflow!")); // otherwise, check for DMP data ready interrupt (this should happen frequently) } else if (mpuIntStatus & 0x02) { // wait for correct available data length, should be a VERY short wait while (fifoCount < packetSize) fifoCount = onboardIMU.getFIFOCount(); // read a packet from FIFO onboardIMU.getFIFOBytes(fifoBuffer, packetSize); // track FIFO count here in case there is > 1 packet available // (this lets us immediately read more without waiting for an interrupt) fifoCount -= packetSize; onboardIMU.dmpGetQuaternion(&q, fifoBuffer); onboardIMU.dmpGetGravity(&gravity, &q); onboardIMU.dmpGetYawPitchRoll(ypr, &q, &gravity); } }1 point -
1 point
-
Hi, I know that there are some eamples showing how to put magnetometer data into DMP. For example this one: http://www.i2cdevlib.com/forums/topic/111-arduino-example-sketch-to-read-magnetometer-while-dmp-is-on/ but it does not make any sensor fusion. I couldn't find any library which would make magnetometer fusion inside DMP. Does such library exist? Maybe code in this file MPU6050_9Axis_MotionApps41.h make DMP+magnetometer fusion? I couldn't find any tips in the code and right now I am not able to test it. So the question is: does such library exist or the only way to do this is to make own fiters (for example complementary filter)? Maybe there is some MPU9150 library that can be used with MPU6050+magnetometer?1 point
-
Hi All, I am pretty new of all these things but very keen to learn . I do apologise if my topic might look boring but actually for me is a challenge. I recently installed a nano arduino connected to an GY-521. I manage to install the proper library and the teapot example works spot on. Now, I would like to connect a led that goes off when the board is flat, but starts blinking when a certain roll or pitch is detected. I tried to add a simple if ( ypr[1] < y && ypr[1] > y ) but i only get overflow FIFO message back. Any help how to overcome this scaring message? Thanks for helping. G1 point