Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/05/2015 in all areas

  1. pico

    Anyone experienced DMP?

    Hi folks, Im planning to use DMP functionality of MPU6050 but not ordered it yet. I have some questions to who had an experience on DMP. 1) Does INT pin of the MPU mean "Hey, i have calculated the Quaternions and put it to the FIFO. Come and get it" in this case, is it really required to poll fifo bytes? (assuming the mcu is really fast to read fifo lightspeed, no overflow) 2) What is the purpose of setting MPU slave adress to its self address? Does it connects to itself or something? Im planning to have aux magnetometer readings, with or without master-mode. Is it possible? Anyone tried? 3) Is it possible to use 4G, 8G readings with DMP? Under one of the topics, it is said that changing full-scale while DMP is running is making its output incorrect. So is it possible to set a desired full-scale value for accel and gyro, before enabling DMP? Any little help will be appreciated. Thanks!
    1 point
  2. I've connected multiple(3 or more) MPU6050s on an I2C bus and used AD0 pin to control the chips. But after altering the AD0 pin I've to reset the chip to perform the address change. Is it possible to change the chip's address permanently without need to change the external AD0 pin? Regards
    1 point
  3. Hello, I just purchased a GY-521 breakout of the MPU-6050 and I hooked it up to my Arduino UNO. I uploaded MPU5060_DMP6 sketch and adjusted the calibration values to get all three axis close to zero when at resting position. The yaw axis works as I would expect, I turn the chip, the number changes and stays until I turn it back to the resting position, the problem however is with the pitch and roll values, when I turn the chip in these directions the number changes but then drifts back to 0 as soon as I stop moving the chip. Am I missing something? Thanks, TheHelpfulOne
    1 point
  4. Hello, Complete code novice, I'm using Jeff Rowberg's library and sample code to get the Yaw, Pitch and Roll orientations of the gyro. However wanting to get the angular acceleration using these, (I'm thinking along the lines of, yaw value(t=t+1)-yaw value(t=t)/(time^2), knowing that the sample rate is 10 ms) and then depending on these values, if they are about a certain threshold a light turns on. However I'm very confused where to input these alterations of the code and actually how to write them. Any help really appreciated!
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...