Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/30/2015 in Posts

  1. I just recently found out how to accurately read the Accelerometer Data off the MPU6050 You may get an output like this: MPU-6050 Read accel, temp and gyro, error = 0 accel x,y,z: 1856, 308, 15604 temperature: 30.435 degrees Celsius gyro x,y,z : -33, -252, -235, and you see its not obvious on how to understand this data. What I found out is that is this: If your scale is +-2G Divide by 2048 If your scale is +-4G Divide by 4096 If your scale is +-8G Divide by 8192 If your scale is +-16G Divide by 16384 Thank you- Jeremy Hall
    1 point
  2. Hey, we would like to calculate the displacement of the z axis with a MPU6050. We know that this will become very inaccurate with time, but for our purpose it should be sufficient. For that we use Jeff Rowberg's I2C lib with the READABLE_REALACCEL output. To obtain the the acceleration in m/s^2 we divided the output by 16384 and then multiplied with 9,81 m/s^2. We not realy sure that 16384 is the right value for our calculations. How can we figure out what our sensitivity is? We used the default settings. We calculated the displacement with this equation s=0,5*a*t^2. But our calculated values deaviated significantly from the expected values. We moved the sensor approximately 0,30 m up and down, but our calculated values have a max amplitude of 0,0002 m. In the attached picture you can see our results. Does anyone have an idea what went wrong? Even if we assume a sensitivity of 16G our values are still wrong. We really appreciate any help you can provide.
    1 point
  3. Hi to all! I am using the MPU-6050 sensor, among others, as a part of my graduation project. I am trying to use the MPU6050 together with the BMP180 (and some other simpler sensors), and with some intuition I could manage to make them work together by just taking the raw data from the MPU6050. All my attempts to use the needed libraries to acquire the yaw/pitch/roll data format and take into account the DMP and the fifo buffer the sensor itself has while using other sensors in the same program have failed, maybe because I don't have so much experience with programming. I attach my code, because maybe you could help me to make it work. The MPU6050 example works, as far as I don't mix it with other sensors. I use different functions as part of the main code, like these ones: But all I get from the ypr variables are zeros. Any help would be really appreciated. Kind regards, María.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...