mrigendra Posted March 3, 2014 Report Share Posted March 3, 2014 I am trying to get the data from an accelerometer , i.e BMA220. I am getting the data but the data is in 2's complement . So i have to change back the negative values and then there is one sensitivity thing i.e 16LSB/mg( i dunno the significance). the thing is i need data in g units but after conversion i am getting data as 125, 2 and like this. I am sure these can't be g values because i am not putting it in 125g situation. do anybody have any idea how to convert it properly..?What i am doing is below. sensor sending 2 's complement data' check the sign bit if negative data = (data ^ 0xff)+1 // decomplementing (data*1000)/16. //dividing because of 16LSB/mg.( 16LSB/mg?) final g value.. still I am wondering data is should be in g values like x m/s2 . but data does not seems like that... Am I doing things correctly, if not then what is the correct way? this is datasheet link.. http://zh.bosch-sensortec.com/content/language4/downloads/BST-BMA220-DS003-07.pdf TimothyPi 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.