a1phamane Posted May 14, 2014 Report Share Posted May 14, 2014 Hello! I have a project I am considering, and although have been planning to use MPU-6050 to calculate motion in space, but realize I may need 9150. We plan to implement a moving motorcycle headlight via 2 IMU's - one on a helmet, the other on the bike. The two IMUs talk to Arduinos, and they will communicate over Xbee. Given this setup, would two MPU-6050's be fine to perform the task? The helmet is meant to control Yaw of the lights, whereas the bike IMU is meant to control Roll of the lights. Can the dual-IMU setup be enough to get some fairly stable data to operate these servos, or would you guys with experience recommend a 9150 (or 2) for this project? What are pros and cons of each? Thanks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
FJFranklin Posted May 14, 2014 Report Share Posted May 14, 2014 I can't claim any experience, but isn't the 9150 just the 6050 with a compass added? In which case, the motion sensing capabilities should be the same, but the compasses - in the absense of interference - could provide additional low-frequency orientation data for reference. Is there any reason why you wouldn't use the 9150? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.