witc68 Posted January 1, 2016 Report Share Posted January 1, 2016 Hi, I use MPU6050 and I am reading data from Gyro. Because I need absolutely the same time between each samples (as dt for additional computing), so I use a FIFO. But there is little mistake I think. I read FIFO about every 10ms - this period is not so accurate, but it does not mind, because data in FIFO are stored with accurate time. There is the problem. 1) I enable the fifo 2) after 10 ms I read fifo: a) disable fifo read count of Fifo c) read the fifo d) enable fifo 3) repeat it from step 2 BUT the time for disable fifo,read count of fifo, read the fifo and again the enable fifo takes about 2.4 ms (I2C with 400 khz) - it means if I have frequency of scale 1 khz - it is 1 ms between samples - SO when I am reading FIFO - SO minimal 2 samples of data from GYRO are LOST!!!! Because I have disable the fifo 2,4 ms. How solve this problem? Thank you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
joh Posted January 4, 2016 Report Share Posted January 4, 2016 Whats about you dont disable the fifo and read it out direct ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.