Jump to content
I2Cdevlib Forums

Recommended Posts

Hi All

I'm very new to the world of accelerometers gyro's etc, and I've recently purchased a MPU-6050, which I promptly dropped from a height of approximately 2 feet or so, onto my wooded desk top right out of the packaging. This poor thing bounced around a fair bit before coming to a stop. The data sheet states it can handle 10000 G’s, but this value doesn’t mean anything to me.

Does anyone know how many G’s my device would have experienced in this unfortunate adventure?

One more thing, the data sheet also states the accelerometer data is returned in 16 bits two’s complement form. To ask a question to what might seem like an obvious answer, is it correct that, to get back the raw data I would have to subtract one first, and then invert the whole 16 bits? OR have I missed something?


cheers, and thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...