I2Cdevlib Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bojank

MPU6050 MPU6050.h:436:7: warning: type 'struct MPU6050' violates one definition rule [-Wodr]

Hi there,
i have some errors using I2Cdev.h and MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h at compiling/check in Arduino IDE
Arduino IDE version: 1.89
I have no idea what causes those errors... Can someone help please?
Thank you in advance...

Errors:

\Arduino\libraries\MPU6050/MPU6050.h:436:7: warning: type 'struct MPU6050' violates one definition rule [-Wodr]

class MPU6050 {
\Arduino\libraries\MPU6050\MPU6050.h:436:7: note: a different type is defined in another translation unit

class MPU6050 {

\Arduino\libraries\MPU6050/MPU6050.h:1036:18: note: the first difference of corresponding definitions is field 'dmpPacketBuffer'

uint8_t *dmpPacketBuffer;

\Arduino\libraries\MPU6050\MPU6050.h:436:7: note: a type with different number of fields is defined in another translation unit

class MPU6050 {

I had a similar problem. I resolved it my adding the i2cdev and mpu6050 library folders to the MY DOCUMENTS/ARDUINO/LIBRARIES FOLDER.

For some reason they need to be there even if they exist in the library folder of ARDUINO residing in the Program Files Folder.